Re: Dependencies on the rust toolchain

Hauke Fath <hf%spg.tu-darmstadt.de@localhost> writes:

> I found that despite this, updating from a pre-rust version,
> pkg_rolling-replace(8) started building the rusty version's
> dependencies.

Yes, that is the right behavior for pkg_rr.  A package that is installed
and mismatched or unsafe will get 'make replace'.  And it's the version
that was installed (PKGPATH) that is replaced, not the version that the
user wants to switch to :-)

> At that point, just manually build graphics/libimagequant-c, and 'make
> replace'.

And then in theory "pkgin ar" to remove things that only
graphics/libimagequant depended on, but it looks like it only has build
dependencies, so that's nothing.