Re: NetBSD builds of DEs from pkgsrc (was Re: Anyone need a ThinkPad T495{,s}?)

* On 2023-07-10 at 21:11 BST, Jason Bacon wrote:

* On 2023-06-25 at 15:04 BST, Jason Bacon wrote:

https://pkgsrc.smartos.org/install-on-netbsd/ states "Packages are built
on the latest development version of NetBSD/amd64 (currently 9.99.98)
from pkgsrc trunk and updated every few days.", so I assumed I had the
latest.  Maybe there's an issue blocking builds, or I'm just
misunderstanding the statement.

It took a while, there's definitely some issue with NetBSD that causes problems when running inside bhyve, but this has now been updated with latest packages and I've also updated the bootstrap kit.

Very nice...

I updated the instructions at https://github.com/outpaddling/desktop-installer/blob/master/NetBSD/getting-started.md to greatly simplify things. I've decided to only support NetBSD 10 with the smartos packages for now, since using anything else at the moment is more trouble that most people are willing to go through. Once regular package builds resume for NetBSD, that will change.

I tested with the latest binary packages on NetBSD 10-BETA and things are working pretty well, except for two issues:

1. There is no fuse-exfat binary package, though building from source works fine. Maybe my latest update broke package building? Will investigate...

There were a bunch of fetch failures due to NetBSD not shipping with SSL certificates pre-installed, and presumably them not being available on the fallback mirror:

  https://us-central.manta.mnx.io/pkgsrc/public/reports/NetBSD/trunk/x86_64/20230704.0814/meta/report.html

I've updated my sandbox script to copy mozilla-rootcerts in, so the next build should catch those.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com