Re: "intermediate" target clarification

Am 31.05.2023 um 20:18 schrieb vom513:
Hello all,

I’m looking at the targets listed here:

https://wiki.netbsd.org/pkgsrc/targets/

Specifically the top main section.

If I needed to manually patch/tweak something - could I:

- make patch
- * Manual changes/tweak *
- make install

Would the “make install” know that the previous steps targets were done ?

Yes.

The information about the phases that are already done are stored in the
work directory (make -v WRKDIR). There, you find the hidden files
.extract_done, .patch_done, plus a few others. These files are called
"cookie files" by the pkgsrc infrastructure.

To persist your local changes, search for pkgvi and mkpatches in
https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/pkgsrc.html. Then you can run 'make
clean' as necessary to create a reproducible build.

Roland