Re: "intermediate" target clarification

On Wed, 31 May 2023 at 19:18, vom513 <vom513%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I’m looking at the targets listed here:
>
> https://wiki.netbsd.org/pkgsrc/targets/
>
> Specifically the top main section.
>
> If I needed to manually patch/tweak something - could I:
>
> - make patch
> - * Manual changes/tweak *
> - make install

I don't think there is a reason for that to fail; I've done it many
times. Only when I have to do it, I usually go through the steps one
by one (after the local mods I would do 'make configure', 'make', make
package' etc.). If it is a one-off, I restore the cleaned package to
the default one; if it is likely to be needed locally, I might create
the patches and modify the package - 'make distinfo'.

--
----