Re: MesaLib vs. libdrm

On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 at 16:36, Tobias Nygren <tnn%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 16:23:51 +0000
> Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Precisely the opposite here - I force-nuked all the packages depending
> > on MesaLib and tried to rebuild firefox - it fails because there is
> >
> > mozilla-common.mk:.include "../../graphics/MesaLib/buildlink3.mk"
> >
> > so from there it again tries to install x11/libdrm. I don't understand
> > why it works for you.
>
> Did you pkg_delete MesaLib itself also and cleaned stale WRKOBJDIRs?
> Anything unusual in mk.conf? Some suggested things to check:

Bingo.

In the depths of time I apparently have added - for some forgotten now
reason, no doubt good at the time - to my /etc/mk.conf

PREFER_PKGSRC = freetype2 MesaLib fontconfig pango cogl

which didn't cause any trouble before.

There are a number of packages to manually build to eventually get rid
of whatever was using MesaLib from pkgsrc and I have the feeling that
I won't be able to sort this mess out without a total rebuild. Now if
I try to rebuild e.g. firefox or gtk3+, I get:

checking for GDK_DEP... no
configure: error: Package requirements (pango pangocairo
gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.30.0 cairo >= 1.14.0 cairo-gobject >= 1.14.0
gio-unix-2.0 >= 2.57.2 fontconfig x11 xext xinerama xi xrandr xcursor
xfixes xcomposite xdamage wayland-client >= 1.14.91 xkbcommon >= 0.2.0
wayland-cursor >= 1.14.91 wayland-egl  cairo-xlib cairo epoxy >= 1.4
fribidi >= 0.19.7) were not met:

Package 'gl', required by 'epoxy', not found
Package 'egl', required by 'epoxy', not found

I tried setting the above variable to contain
/usr/X11R7/lib/pkgconfig, but it still doesn't work.

On top of that on this machine I need qemu working, which uses gtk3+,
hence I still need MesaLib from pkgsrc, so I am a bit stuck for now.

--
----