Re: MesaLib vs. libdrm

On Mon, 14 Mar 2022 21:48:04 +0000
Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On my last pkg_rolling-replace under -current amd64 the update to
> MesaLib failed; it is used by a bunch of other packages - e.g.
> blender, firefox etc. - and has been working fine. Now it fails as it
> insists on building x11/libdrm - which I do not build as I am using
> the native X11.
>
> How can I solve this? I really don't want to part from native X11, as
> it works fine on the machines I am using it on, including relatively
> decent 3d acceleration. There is a big .if / .endif section in the
> Makefile depending on MESALIB_SUPPORTS_DRI, which includes buildlink2
> from libdrm; when I try to build the latter, I get:
>
> ERROR: This package has set PKG_SKIP_REASON:
> ERROR: Package set is using native X11 component
> *** Error code 1

Hi,

Hmm, I did at least some build testing with native Xorg before landing
the update to try to preempt this sort of issue. I might have missed
something. How current is your -current? The latest Mesa requires
libdrm greater than 2.4.107. It looks like -current has 2.4.109 since
9th of January so it should be detected as a sufficient native
component assuming the builtin logic is not wrong. I'm also not sure
why you'd want to install pkgsrc Mesa when you run native Xorg. It will
likely cause problems. Anyway, I'll have a look to see if I can
reproduce the problem.

-Tobias