Re: emulators/simh: make test, and MacOS issues

On Mon 18 Oct 2021 at 18:56:20 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> It is pretty deep in pkgsrc that there is a build phase and a test
> phase.  This is pretty much encapsulating the norms from the GNU autoconf
> world.  I'd say the pkgsrc viewpoint is that upstream has a bug.

Heh, the upstream has a truely unique "configuring" system. It is all
one big GNU makefile, which looks around in various places to find
stuff. The pkg tries to override this, but I'm adding more changes to
the upstream makefile to make this work better.

In my work-in-progress (not committed yet) I got the MacOS version to
actually load the libpcap library now (for some reason simh wants to do
this with dlopen()) so "show version" shows network support, but "show
ethernet" crashes. Given that apparently the package didn't work on
MacOS before, I'll not consider that a regression, but hopefully a
progression to a state that is easier to fix.

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto