Re: emulators/simh: make test, and MacOS issues

Olaf Seibert <rhialto%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> 1) How  can I make that "make test" does not do a "make build" first?
> Due to the way that the tests are intermingled with the build, a "make
> test" needs to wipe the binaries first, thus making a build a waste of
> time.

It is pretty deep in pkgsrc that there is a build phase and a test
phase.  This is pretty much encapsulating the norms from the GNU autoconf
world.  I'd say the pkgsrc viewpoint is that upstream has a bug.

If you use ccache, this probably will be much less annoying.

I suppose it should be possible to somehow declare that test doesn't
depend on build.