Re: Binary packages for Big Sur now available

* On 2020-11-04 at 17:30 GMT, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

> For those of you running the macOS Big Sur betas, or those who will
> upgrade to it when it will apparently be released next week, I've
> added a new Big Sur package set to my repositories at:
>
>   https://pkgsrc.joyent.com/install-on-osx/

Happy Big Sur release day.  I've updated the bootstrap kit to the
latest package releases, so new users should head to the install page,
select the "Big Sur" tab and follow the instructions.

There is also an upgrade kit now available for users with existing
Mojave installs who are upgrading to Big Sur.  Unpack this tarball:

  https://pkgsrc.joyent.com/packages/Darwin/bootstrap-upgrade/bootstrap-macos11-trunk-x86_64-20201112-upgrade.tar.gz

and run "pkgin upgrade" to switch to the Big Sur repository.

You won't be able to use the Mojave set on Big Sur due to Apple's
library changes.  Attempting to install Mojave packages will fail with
missing REQUIRES.

Let me know if you hit any issues and I'll look into it ASAP.

Cheers,