Re: Sharing packages between RPI2 and RPI3B

On 12/11/2020 17:41, Mayuresh wrote:
I wish to use pkgsrc on RPI2 and RPI3B such that the packages made on one
of them could be installed on the other.

I'll be installing NetBSD 9.1 on both. Should I use earmv7hf or aarch64,
keeping above requirement in mind?

 From [1]

    RPI2 uses "earmv7hf".
    RPI2-1.2 uses "earmv7hf" or "aarch64" (armv8 CPU hardware)
    RPI3 uses "earmv7hf" or "aarch64" (armv8 CPU hardware)

Just confused reading the above. Would either of them work on both? And in
that case how do I decide?

[1] https://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi/

Of earmv7hf and aarch64 the only one that runs on all of the RPIs listed
is earmv7fhf.

The ARMv7 CPU in the original RPI2 can't run aarch64.

Nick