Mike Pumford <mpumford%mudcovered.org.uk@localhost> writes: > On 03/11/2020 11:11, Frank Wille wrote: >> Mike Pumford wrote: >> >>> How about >>> pkg_delete -r perl >>> pkg_delete perl >>> >>> Man page suggests that will do exactly what you want. >> >> That would be too easy! ;) >> >> Seems I have serious problems. I tried it like you said, after experimenting >> with pkg_rolling-replace first, and most packages were not correctly >> deleted, because of MD5 checksum errors or simply "Couldn't remove...". MD5 checksum errors tend to leave files in the filesystem that then get overwritten on re-install and it's not a big deal usually. Do "pkg_admin rebuilt-tree" and "pkg_admin check". I basically never have to start over. But starting over is not a bad thing. > Ah pkg_rolling_replace can leave things in a scrambled state if it > doesn't complete successfully. You might be able to use pkg_admin to > put the db back together. Aside from an issue with dependencies that rebuild-tree fixes, I don't have reports of "scrambled". Only that some package was replaced and that some package that depends on it failed to build and thus doesn't work. > I actually recreate the build sandbox for my binary package builds > from scratch for every build. It takes a lot longer but guarantees no > mismatches unless I happen to catch the pkgsrc tree in an inconsistent > state (Which is rare). This means my build system spends 10 hours a > week building packages for 9.1-STABLE-amd64 and > 8.2-STABLE-amd64. However it is all automated so all I have to do is > check that the builds workd and run pkgin to get the new packages. That is a great approach if you can handle it. > I'm mulling working out a way of pulling in unchanged packages from > the previous build to speed things up but not spent any time on doing > it yet ;) I think if you set up pbulk this will do what you want. > I switched to this having had to clean up one too many broken systems > left by pkg_rolling_replace runs. Only time I've ever had an issue I am guessing this was about some packages not building and thus having the wrong-dependency issue. That's definitely a real problem.
Description: PGP signature