Re: pkg_delete all dependant packages recursively

On 02/11/2020 16:32, Frank Wille wrote:
Hi,

I have built perl5 and lots of dependant modules from pkgsrc in a sandbox
over the last months. Now I realize that there is a problem and I want
to rebuild perl5 and all packages which depend on it.

The easiest solution is probably to delete my whole pkgsrc sandbox and
start from scratch. But I would like to avoid that, because I already
built hundreds of other packages, which have nothing to do with perl5.

What is the best approach? When I run "pkg_delete perl" it will show
me that it is still required by many packages and I guess that -f will
only force the removal of perl5? But I also want to remove and rebuild
the packages depending on it. Does -R or -A work? I don't want to make
another error now. ;)

How about
pkg_delete -r perl
pkg_delete perl

Man page suggests that will do exactly what you want.

Mike