Re: Any hints for bootstrapping in Solaris 10?

Well, I'm trying different ways to get beyond the bootstrapping.

On Sat, 31 Oct 2020, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

* On 2020-10-31 at 04:16 GMT, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

I followed your instructions and I ran into some hiccups. You're right
that some of the shells seem broken.

pkgsrc will bootstrap an appropriate shell if you do not have bash
installed, so you shouldn't need to do anything here.

You misunderstand. I was asking Julien and he said several of the shells
seem broken and they certainly seem to be. You can't even get that far
with some of them.

I had to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for cwrappers config.

What does this mean?  You certainly shouldn't need to be doing that,
and I would stop here and fix this first, as this is pretty
fundamentally broken and you'll only run into more difficult problems
if you try and work around things.

Once again, this a Julien thing. He told me he had hints on a web page
about compiling gcc and I got gcc-9.3.0 built. I tried to bootstrap, and
a config failure gave me a ld.so.1 error and google told me to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. That got me past the error.

I had had to use --abi 32 (not 64 like the README says).

Again 64 should work, and we should fix whatever issue you are running
into first instead of trying to work around.

Again, this is a problem with gcc built the way Julien told me. Nothing
to do with you.

=> Checking file-check results for cwrappers-20180325
ERROR: ************************************************************
ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in /usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/wrk/pkgtools/cwrappers/work/.destdir/usr/pkg:
ERROR: 	/usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/wrk/pkgtools/cwrappers/work/.destdir/usr/pkg//usr/bin/find: stat() error /usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/wrk/pkgtools/cwrappers/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/.: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

There isn't anything useful to go on here unfortunately, we need to
take a step back and see why you are needing to implement the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH hacks, as adding those are probably causing strange
issues like this.

Your suggestions had me retry as root, and didn't get me anywhere
either. So I'm trying all the different things people suggest. You're
replying to problems I'm having with things other people suggest, things
you didn't have to do. But I can't get your way working either.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost
BSEE + BSChem + BAEnglish + MSCS + $2.50 = coffee