Re: Any hints for bootstrapping in Solaris 10?

* On 2020-10-31 at 04:16 GMT, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

> I followed your instructions and I ran into some hiccups. You're right
> that some of the shells seem broken.

pkgsrc will bootstrap an appropriate shell if you do not have bash
installed, so you shouldn't need to do anything here.

> I had to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for cwrappers config.

What does this mean?  You certainly shouldn't need to be doing that,
and I would stop here and fix this first, as this is pretty
fundamentally broken and you'll only run into more difficult problems
if you try and work around things.

> I had had to use --abi 32 (not 64 like the README says).

Again 64 should work, and we should fix whatever issue you are running
into first instead of trying to work around.

> => Checking file-check results for cwrappers-20180325
> ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in /usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/wrk/pkgtools/cwrappers/work/.destdir/usr/pkg:
> ERROR: 	/usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/wrk/pkgtools/cwrappers/work/.destdir/usr/pkg//usr/bin/find: stat() error /usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/wrk/pkgtools/cwrappers/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/.: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1

There isn't anything useful to go on here unfortunately, we need to
take a step back and see why you are needing to implement the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH hacks, as adding those are probably causing strange
issues like this.