Re: circular dependency with SDL on Solaris 10

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 7:43 PM Julien Savard <juliensavard17%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Ping on that one. I've got the same error with SDL2 by the way.
>
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 9:27 PM Julien Savard <juliensavard17%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to compile SDL from pkgsrc2020Q1 on Solaris 10. It seems to ask for both /srv/pkgsrc/x11/xorgproto and /srv/pkgsrc/x11/fixesproto4 however these packages are in conflict with each other.
>>

>> [root@zone2 SDL]$ bmake package
>> => Creating binary package /srv/data/packages/All/fixesproto-4.0nb1.tgz
>> ===> Installing binary package of fixesproto-4.0nb1
>> *** Error code 1
>> Stop.
>> bmake[3]: stopped in /srv/pkgsrc/x11/fixesproto4
>> *** Error code 1
>> Stop.
>> bmake[2]: stopped in /srv/pkgsrc/x11/fixesproto4
>> *** Error code 1
>> Stop.
>> bmake[1]: stopped in /srv/pkgsrc/x11/fixesproto4
>> *** Error code 1
>> Stop.
>>
>> bmake: stopped in /srv/pkgsrc/devel/SDL
>>
>> When installing manually  fixesproto4 :
>>

>> [root@zone2 SDL]$ pkg_add /var/tmp/pkgbuild/x11/fixesproto4/work/.packages/fixesproto-4.0nb1.tgz
>> pkg_add: Conflicting PLIST with xorgproto-2019.2nb3: include/X11/extensions/xfixesproto.h
>>
>> pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
>>

>> Removing xorgproto installing fixesproto and restarting SDL Build :
>>
>> [root@zone2 SDL]$ pkg_delete xorgproto
>> [root@zone2 SDL]$ pkg_add /var/tmp/pkgbuild/x11/fixesproto4/work/.packages/fixesproto-4.0nb1.tgz
>> [root@zone2 SDL]$ bmake package
>> ===> Installing binary package of xorgproto-2019.2nb3
>> *** Error code 1
>> Stop.
>> bmake[3]: stopped in /srv/pkgsrc/x11/xorgproto
>> *** Error code 1
>> Stop.
>> bmake[2]: stopped in /srv/pkgsrc/x11/xorgproto
>> *** Error code 1
>> Stop.
>> bmake[1]: stopped in /srv/pkgsrc/x11/xorgproto
>> *** Error code 1
>> Stop.
>> bmake: stopped in /srv/pkgsrc/devel/SDL
>>
>> Any idea on how to fix this?

I guess the maintainers should pick this up and have to decide which
package should be responsible for the doubled files and set one
package as a dependency of the other.

I had a similar problem that interestingly didn't appear when i was
building the packages with "make install":
security/gnome-keyring
security/gcr

gnome-keyring comes in when you install the mate-desktop and gcr comes
in when you build midori or epiphany.
Their PLIST overlaps in two files, which didn't appear as a problem
when i built and installed them by source as far as i remember.

It was only later, when i installed those packages manually via
"pkg_add" on a second machine that suddenly i had PLIST problems with
two files.

So i installed each package apart from the other and looked at those
two provided files from both packages. They were identical. So i just
installed these packages with pkg_add -f
This should be ok if the files never change and there is no other side-effect.

I don't know if this applies to your situation or might resolve your
problem. You would also need to analyze what is going on in your
files.

Regards,
Connor