Re: firefox still fails on 2020Q1, netbsd-8, amd64

On 11/05/2020 14:51, Tobias Nygren wrote:

We have this packaged in lang/libcxx. But if Firefox depends on other
libs (say, textproc/icu) that link with libstdc++.so rather than
libc++.so that will end bad as you have two incompatible implementations.

This used to happen when firefox used a different version of gcc to everything else (without any obvious harm) as by default pkgsrc would compile textproc/icu with the system gcc but then firefox would be using the newer libstdc++ bundled into gcc-libs. So no matter where we get that newer library from there is going to be a mismatch and its not a new mismatch.

Mike