Re: firefox still fails on 2020Q1, netbsd-8, amd64

On 10/05/2020 17:35, nia wrote:
On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 05:20:40PM +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
fatal error: 'cstddef' file not found

Yeah, this is the bug caused by the incorrect logic in lang/clang.

It's why I took longer than usual to commit a firefox-esr update.

Should be fixed by updating lang/clang.

Even with that fix, 8-stable can't build firefox it blows up with:

In file included from /comp/obj/pkgsrc/www/firefox/work/build/dist/include/mozilla/UniquePtr.h:17: /comp/obj/pkgsrc/www/firefox/work/build/dist/include/mozilla/CompactPair.h:32:20: error: no template named 'is_empty_v' in namespace 'std'; did you mean 'is_empty'?
              std::is_empty_v<A> ? detail::AsBase : detail::AsMember,
Amongst other errors all relating to similar type calls.

Sadly I think this is the fault of firefox. is_empty_v is not documented on the C++ reference site I normally use and I've never found anything else missing before. I use
https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/types

There is a std:is_empty but not a std::is_empty_v so it looks like firefox is relying on some sort of non-standard extension or something so new that its not made it into documentation yet.

Mike