Re: Is *anyone* using pkgsrc on IRIX?

from Kamil Rytarowski <n54%gmx.com@localhost>:

> On 23.04.2020 03:07, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 09:49:43AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> >> [Recently a patch to libffi to accomodate IRIX has caused a problem on=

> >> another platform.  In discussing what ought to be done, I asked if
> >> anyone was using pkgsrc on IRIX, but that thread is not likely to be
> >> seen by most, so I'm asking here.]

> > I would extend the question to other platforms without support in
> > cwrappers and with questionable support for DESTDIR. For example, I
> > would explicitly drop any pretense that we support SCO. It doesn't
> > support proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH behavior and that will incur random
> > breakage with DESTDIR builds.

> > Joerg

> There are more candidates with no users (or very infrequent people
> trying to be users) that could be dropped:

>  - MirBSD,
>  - OSF/1 (we used to get some reports that pkgsrc doesn't bootstrap),
>  - QNX (as far as I know there is no native toolchain),
>  - Bitrig (formally abandoned project),
>  - HP-UX (GDB dropped support for it 5 years ago!),
>  - Interix,
>  - AIX (I only saw once someone trying to use pkgsrc on it, Perl was
> unbuildable for it),
> - BSD/OS

Haiku, which formerly used pkgsrc, now has their own package system, Haikuports, modeled after Gentoo (Linux) portage.

I asked on Haiku development list, and they told me pkgsrc would no longer work on Haiku.  Haiku has undergone changes/improvements in recent years.

Does anybody still use BSD/OS?

I subscribed to the Bitrig lists some years ago and saw a total of one message.

Tom