Re: Firefox and the broken about:login, a temporary workaround

I see where I made the same finger error on "From:" header that I once made previously, "From:" name then showed up as "S.P.Zeidler".

Apologies!

Fix my email client?  I need to fix my fingers!

Now the message:

from Sad Clouds:

> I use Opera browser on Linux, but I don't think there is a native
> version for NetBSD. I've stopped using Firefox a very long time ago,
> it's too bloated and impossible to build on older architectures like
> sparc64 (unless you use an old version of firefox) and it is still
> riddled with bugs, etc.

> So what are the alternatives for NetBSD? Is there a lightweight
> browsers that works reasonably well with HTML5? Last time I looked a
> few years ago, I didn't seem to find anything interesting.

You could try Otter Browser, which is an open-source browser that tries to provide the functionality of Opera: available for Linux, NetBSD, FreeBSD, Haiku and others.

I use Otter Browser for online banking, for which I make use of the ability to fudge the user-agent string.

Tom