Re: How to deal with packages having the same files

Well, there is a difference - py27-qt5 and py37-qt5 are the same
package built with different PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT; you wouldn't have
them both at the same time generally; if you switch the python
version, you are supposed to rebuild all dependent packages anyway -
although I've had occasions where I, whilst using 3.7 as the default
python, I had to change to 2.7 to upgrade some specific package. In my
case, gcr and gnome-keyring are related and used by different packages
down the line, which could in principle be installed at the same time.

It is one of thise things complex packaging systems like pkgsrc have
to deal with and there is not always a pretty solution.

--
----