Re: Problem with openjdk11 binary package

On 15/10/2019 21:41, Tobias Nygren wrote:
On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 20:32:48 +0100
Mike Pumford <mpumford%mudcovered.org.uk@localhost> wrote:

Well looks like openjdk11 has killed my jenkins installation although
not in an obvious way. Looking at a TCP dump (and netstat status) the
connection opens successfully and the client sends the HTTP request to
the server. However it looks like the jenkins server process never
actually reads the data off the socket.

Sorry. There are still some failing tests that need to be looked at.

Not really sure how to debug this but I am willing to try.

The first step would be to rebuild the package with the "debug"
PKG_OPTION. This will enable many runtime assertions. If you're lucky
it will catch something obvious.

No worries I can easily do that on my next build run. As long as I've got an jdk8 package around its easy enough to switch and I don't mind building and installing both jdk packages for a while. :)

I did get my jenkins up and running again by installing an openjdk8 package so it isn't stopping me getting things done.

Next step would be to run the test suite and help fix broken tests.

I'll see about giving that a try at the weekend as well. The machine I build on can easily be left running tests.

Mike