Re: Problem with openjdk11 binary package

On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 20:32:48 +0100
Mike Pumford <mpumford%mudcovered.org.uk@localhost> wrote:

> Well looks like openjdk11 has killed my jenkins installation although
> not in an obvious way. Looking at a TCP dump (and netstat status) the
> connection opens successfully and the client sends the HTTP request to
> the server. However it looks like the jenkins server process never
> actually reads the data off the socket.

Sorry. There are still some failing tests that need to be looked at.

> Not really sure how to debug this but I am willing to try.

The first step would be to rebuild the package with the "debug"
PKG_OPTION. This will enable many runtime assertions. If you're lucky
it will catch something obvious.

Next step would be to run the test suite and help fix broken tests.

Download:

https://ci.adoptopenjdk.net/view/Dependencies/job/jtreg/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/jtreg-4.2-b14.tar.gz

Install openjdk8 and openjdk11.

Run like this:

export JT_JAVA=/usr/pkg/java/openjdk8
export SUITE=test/jdk
cd /tmp/pkgsrc-obj/lang/openjdk11/work/openjdk-jdk11u-jdk-11.0.5-8-1
/tmp/jtreg/bin/jtreg -jdk /usr/pkg/java/openjdk11 -w /tmp/jtreg/work -r /tmp/jtreg/report $SUITE

You can set $SUITE to any of the subdirectories under test/jdk if you
know which area you want to test. Running all the tests will take quite
long time.

-Tobias