"graphics/xfig" complains about old/missing app-defaults?

Running 'xfig' for the first time in a while, it popped up a window with

Either you have a very old app-defaults file installed (Fig),
or there is none installed at all.
You should install the correct version or you may lose some features.
This may be done with "make install" in the xfig source directory.

My "/usr/pkg/share/X11/app-defaults/Fig" file was updated along with
the package on 17 June 2019 so should be exactly what was installed
on the build host during the "stage-install" phase.  I've never modified
it, so it was updated in place rather than being shifted to "examples".

Anyone else use 'xfig' recently and see this?

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD