Re: www/amaya - query for users/maintainers

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 05:02:18PM +0000, ng0%n0.is@localhost wrote:
> I can give updating it a try in about 2 months (gsoc, but I can
> do bits and pieces before that).
>
> I'm not a user of it though.

I wouldn't put effort into updating it for the sake of updating it
unless you want to use it. I just checked and few other packaging
systems for unix are shipping this, and it might end up being a
non-trivial amount of (re-)patching.

I'm more interested in whether anyone is passionately interested
in getting this running again, since we seem to be more inclined
to weird and old browsers than others. However, I'm guessing to
be useful to anyone it has to be at least capable of browsing
netbsd.org and wikipedia - unless they just want it as an editor.

Since it doesn't support JS or modern CSS we might be able to
afford being a bit less worried about security. The variations of
old Firefox ESR (seamonkey, firefox52) and qt5-qtwebkit are likely
to be more worrying.