Re: Two PLIST issues on Debian (devel/gettext, lang/mono)

On 2019-06-12 10:59, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 at 16:47, Ottavio Caruso
On 2019-06-12 05:19, Sijmen J. Mulder wrote:
Hi,

On Debian 4.9 I needed the following changes to build these packages:

devel/gettext/PLIST
    -${PLIST.glibc}lib/preloadable_libintl.so

Sijmen
Probably leakage issues, where configure is picking up optional
dependencies installed by apt.

This problem is particularly prevalent on Linux systems like RHEL and
Debian, which don't separate packages from the base system (everything
is installed in /usr/bin, /usr/lib, ...)?? Hence, it's not trivial to
make pkgsrc ignore them.

Try building on an absolutely minimal Debian system in a VM or container
and compare the config logs.

ldd might also show you shared libs it's using from outside pkgsrc.

I'm seeing the libintl on CentOS 7 minimal as well, so I think the
package is probably missing a dependency needed to build
preloadable_libintl.so.

=> Checking file-check results for gettext-0.20.1
ERROR: ************************************************************
ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in
/home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkgsrc/devel/gettext/work/.destdir/home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg:
ERROR:
/home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkgsrc/devel/gettext/work/.destdir/home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg/lib/preloadable_libintl.so
*** Error code 1

The mcs issue is probably due to something extra on your Debian system.??
We should either prevent it from being built or ensure that it's built
on all platforms, possibly by adding another dependency.

  ?????? JB
I did have a similar problem last week with gettext-tools. The problem
was the the "glibc" variable was not picked up by the test:

oc@e130:~/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-current/devel/gettext$ bmake show-var VARIABLE=glibc
<empty>

I'm building gettext on my pseudo-Debian LMDE and I'll report back.
The build went ok, but the install phase failed as per Sijmen:

=> Generating post-install file lists
pkg_create: can't stat
`/home/oc/pkgsrc/work/devel/gettext/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/lib/preloadable_libintl.so'
=> Checking file-check results for gettext-0.20.1
ERROR: ************************************************************
ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in
/home/oc/pkgsrc/work/devel/gettext/work/.destdir/opt/pkg:
ERROR:         /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/devel/gettext/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/lib/preloadable_libintl.so
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake[1]: stopped in /home/oc/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-current/devel/gettext
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /home/oc/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-current/devel/gettext

A possible solution is to replicate what was done on devel/gettext-tools:

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/devel/gettext-tools/Makefile?rev=1.38&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/devel/gettext-tools/PLIST.Linux?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN

Is gettext 0.20.1 installing for anyone on Linux?

The configure script detects GNU libc on CentOS 7, but nevertheless preloadable_libintl.so is not being built.

?????? JB