Re: Two PLIST issues on Debian (devel/gettext, lang/mono)

On 2019-06-12 05:19, Sijmen J. Mulder wrote:
Hi,

On Debian 4.9 I needed the following changes to build these packages:

devel/gettext/PLIST
   -${PLIST.glibc}lib/preloadable_libintl.so

lang/mono/PLIST.Linux
   +lib/mono/4.5/mcs.exe.so

It would seem to me that the mono one is legit, but I'm not so sure
what to make of the gettext one.

Sijmen
Probably leakage issues, where configure is picking up optional dependencies installed by apt.

This problem is particularly prevalent on Linux systems like RHEL and Debian, which don't separate packages from the base system (everything is installed in /usr/bin, /usr/lib, ...)?? Hence, it's not trivial to make pkgsrc ignore them.

Try building on an absolutely minimal Debian system in a VM or container and compare the config logs.

ldd might also show you shared libs it's using from outside pkgsrc.

I'm seeing the libintl on CentOS 7 minimal as well, so I think the package is probably missing a dependency needed to build preloadable_libintl.so.

=> Checking file-check results for gettext-0.20.1
ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in /home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkgsrc/devel/gettext/work/.destdir/home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg: ERROR: /home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkgsrc/devel/gettext/work/.destdir/home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg/lib/preloadable_libintl.so
*** Error code 1

The mcs issue is probably due to something extra on your Debian system.?? We should either prevent it from being built or ensure that it's built on all platforms, possibly by adding another dependency.

?????? JB