Re: Two PLIST issues on Debian (devel/gettext, lang/mono)

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 at 16:47, Ottavio Caruso
<ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 at 15:26, Jason Bacon <outpaddling%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > On 2019-06-12 05:19, Sijmen J. Mulder wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > On Debian 4.9 I needed the following changes to build these packages:
> > >
> > > devel/gettext/PLIST
> > >    -${PLIST.glibc}lib/preloadable_libintl.so
> > >

> > > Sijmen
> > Probably leakage issues, where configure is picking up optional
> > dependencies installed by apt.
> >
> > This problem is particularly prevalent on Linux systems like RHEL and
> > Debian, which don't separate packages from the base system (everything
> > is installed in /usr/bin, /usr/lib, ...)?? Hence, it's not trivial to
> > make pkgsrc ignore them.
> >
> > Try building on an absolutely minimal Debian system in a VM or container
> > and compare the config logs.
> >
> > ldd might also show you shared libs it's using from outside pkgsrc.
> >
> > I'm seeing the libintl on CentOS 7 minimal as well, so I think the
> > package is probably missing a dependency needed to build
> > preloadable_libintl.so.
> >
> > => Checking file-check results for gettext-0.20.1
> > ERROR: ************************************************************
> > ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in
> > /home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkgsrc/devel/gettext/work/.destdir/home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg:
> > ERROR:
> > /home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkgsrc/devel/gettext/work/.destdir/home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg/lib/preloadable_libintl.so
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > The mcs issue is probably due to something extra on your Debian system.??
> > We should either prevent it from being built or ensure that it's built
> > on all platforms, possibly by adding another dependency.
> >
> >  ?????? JB
>
> I did have a similar problem last week with gettext-tools. The problem
> was the the "glibc" variable was not picked up by the test:
>
> oc@e130:~/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-current/devel/gettext$ bmake show-var VARIABLE=glibc
> <empty>
>
> I'm building gettext on my pseudo-Debian LMDE and I'll report back.

The build went ok, but the install phase failed as per Sijmen:

=> Generating post-install file lists
pkg_create: can't stat
`/home/oc/pkgsrc/work/devel/gettext/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/lib/preloadable_libintl.so'
=> Checking file-check results for gettext-0.20.1
ERROR: ************************************************************
ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in
/home/oc/pkgsrc/work/devel/gettext/work/.destdir/opt/pkg:
ERROR:         /home/oc/pkgsrc/work/devel/gettext/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/lib/preloadable_libintl.so
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake[1]: stopped in /home/oc/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-current/devel/gettext
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /home/oc/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-current/devel/gettext

A possible solution is to replicate what was done on devel/gettext-tools:

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/devel/gettext-tools/Makefile?rev=1.38&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/devel/gettext-tools/PLIST.Linux?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN

--
Ottavio Caruso