Re: What happened to make show-depends-options ?

from Roland Illig:

> > To further investigate this situation, you can run "make -dA
 > > show-depends-options 2>err". This will write a very detailed log.

The above was a bad advice, sorry for that. The output looks pretty good though. So let's start over with the established protocol:

> 1. What command did you run?
>  2. What was the exact output?
>  3. Why do you think it is wrong?
>  4. What did you expect instead?

> Without the 41 MB of detailed trace log, it's easier to focus on the big picture first.

I don't have that 41 MB log any more.  I said I was going to delete it.

Command was

make show-depends-options

I told you what the output was, or at least the last 16 lines, dependencies' options didn't show.

It was wrong because it didn't do what it was supposed to do, and what it did on i386, and previously on amd64.  Maybe related to the royal messup in the packages resulting from that ill-fated pkg_chk update.

What was I supposed to expect when it worked most of the time in the past?

That web page, 6 years + 2 monthhs old, on how to update packages, really needs to be updated.

By the way, Dillo 3.0.5 has very limited functionality, seems not to work on most websites.

Tom