Re: infer GCC_REQD from USE_LANGUAGES (was: nghttp2 broken)

On Sun 06 Jan 2019 at 14:21:43 +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 06, 2019 at 01:46:09PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > Nothing really. This is a global problem and the infrastructure can only
> > really deal with local solutions.
>
> Maybe offer a target to check whether the current settings will be good
> enough for a pkg and all of its dependencies, so people can "easily"
> experiment with the setting before starting to build lots of stuff.

The design described at https://wiki.netbsd.org/pkgsrc/gcc/ does exactly
that, right? Maybe apart from the "recursive" aspect.

} - The minimum version inferred from the language tag will be combined with
}   any GCC_REQD declarations to find a minimum version for a specific
}   package. If that is greater than PKGSRC_GCC_VERSION (programs using only
}   C) or PKGSRC_GXX_VERSION, package building will fail. We call the
}   resulting PKGSRC_GCC_VERSION or PKGSRC_GXX_VERSION the chosen version.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- "What good is a Ring of Power
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- if you're unable...to Speak." - Agent Elrond