Re: Problem installing security/heimdal on Ubuntu 18.04 (WSL) - SOLVED

* David J. Weller-Fahy <l.pkgsrc-users%dave.caterva.org@localhost> [2018-12-06 23:28 -0500]:
* Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> [2018-12-05 05:22 -0500]:
The two diffs attached to this message are for pkgsrc/mk/bsd.prefs.mk
and pkgsrc/security/heimdal/Makefile.

The patch to bsd.prefs.mk sets OS_VARIANT to "Microsoft" if the string
"Microsoft" exists in the output of `uname -r` *and* the OPSYS is
"Linux". Otherwise, it sets OS_VARIANT to the value to which it was set
unconditionally for "Linux", which is the value contained in
LOWER_VENDOR.

The patch to heimdal/Makefile sets PLIST.hcrypto to yes if OS_VARIANT
contains the value "Microsoft".

Please let me know if you see anything that should be changed in these
patches. Also, what else should I do to get these committed to the
pkgsrc tree?

Given that some of the changes in this update to a package take place in
pkgsrc/mk/bsd.prefs.mk, should I use the standard send-pr web page, or
some other mechanism (such as the wip repository) to submit the updated
package?

Regards,
 -dave