Re: Problem installing security/heimdal on Ubuntu 18.04 (WSL)

> However, that results in the failure I experience with the unmodified Makefile. Does anyone know how to properly check for the "Microsoft" string in the output of `uname -r` so that I can set the PLIST.hcrypto only on WSL installations? If so, please let me know, because I'd like to submit an update to the package once I figure it out.

First of all, use the != operator to run the shell command:

OSV!= ${UNAME} -r

Second of all, I would add that logic in mk/bsd.prefs.mk, around line
210. There is already an OS_VERSION defined at that point, so perhaps
you could grep the "Microsoft" in there and set
LOWER_VENDOR and/or OS_VARIANT.

--
Benny