Re: poppler is not building on netbsd-7/amd64

On Thu 06 Dec 2018 at 20:31:15 -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Leonardo Taccari <leot%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:
>
> > Benny Siegert writes:
> >> Does it work if you bump the requirement to c++11? Maybe there was an
> >> update that requires it now?
> >
> > I think that it should be bumped to c++14, at least according the changelog
> > (from the commit message):
>
> wow - that's pretty ridiculous (but of course not your fault).
>
> FWIW, building with GCC_REQD=6 appeared to succeed.
>
> It seems that if it needs c++14, it is buggy that it is not adding
> --std=c++14 to CPPFLAGS (or perhaps, a bug that older compilers don't
> error out with that.)

Maybe we can hope that the C++14 features that are actually used are
very localized, and can be reasonably replaced with something that older
C++ compilers grok?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- "What good is a Ring of Power
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- if you're unable...to Speak." - Agent Elrond