meson

Trying out py-meson/build.mk, I see, e.g.:

[5/21] Generating gcab-enums.h with a meson_exe.py custom command.
Warning: You are using '646' which is not a Unicode-compatible locale.
You might see errors if you use UTF-8 strings as filenames, as strings, or as file contents.
Please switch to a UTF-8 locale for your platform.

which I don't see with autoconf packages, but haven't spotted the difference.

The shell I run "make" in has:

LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8
XTERM_LOCALE=en_GB.UTF-8

(then I get ERROR: can't resolve libraries to shared libraries, but that's
another question...)

Cheers,

Patrick