Re: Please help test new pkgin

On 11/06/2018 06:59, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

For my binary package repositories I document that users perform

   $ pkg_add -U pkgin

I knew it would be an RTFM thing. :) I've got several other machines that need updating as well so I'll try that approach on them.

Don't think the re-exec tricks are worth it but it could be worth considering as a possible manual step. If run with upgrade or full-upgrade and pkgin is out of date give the user a choice of updating just that and exiting or carrying on and doing the current upgrade process. This would give the user a chance to manually re-run pkgin with the new package without having to drop back to pkg_add

Mike