Re: Install pkgsrc in jailshell linux (RHEL)

On 12/10/17 17:44, Jaromír Doleček wrote:
It seems you need to add to PATH whatever directory auto-pkgsrc-setup put the tools to.

Jaromir

    Thanks for your response.

    * Jason Bacon (bacon4000%gmail.com@localhost <mailto:bacon4000%gmail.com@localhost>)
    wrote:
    > Try using auto-pkgsrc-setup:
    >
    > http://acadix.biz/pkgsrc.php
    >
    > It's designed to work with minimal dev tools and also protect
    itself and the
    > resulting pkgsrc setup from weird environments. It's developed
    mainly on
    > CentOS.
    >
    > If you run into any trouble, let me know.

    I think it was nearly done, but I foolishly fell in the end. :-(
    On NetBSD, I didn't even bother to use bmake.

    The followings are excerpted from the very last portion of
    installation.

    lim@jailtcsh:~/usr% ./auto-pkgsrc-setup
    To install a package, type:

            cd /home/lim/usr/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2017Q3/<category>/<package>
            bmake install

    Ex.
            cd /home/lim/usr/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2017Q3/math/blas
            bmake install
    Press Enter to continue...
    After setting the environment using one of the commands above, to
    compile
    and link programs using libraries installed by pkgsrc, use:

            -I$PKGSRC_INCLUDE
            -L$PKGSRC_LIB

    Ex. Assuming your Makefile uses CFLAGS for compiling and LFLAGS
    for link:

            make CFLAGS="-Wall -g -I$PKGSRC_INCLUDE"
    LFLAGS="-L$PKGSRC_LIB"
    For more information, go to http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/
    <http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/>
    Press Enter to continue...
    lim@jailtcsh:~/usr% ls -F
    auto-pkgsrc-setup*  pkgsrc/
    lim@jailtcsh:~/usr% cd pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2017Q3/mail/mutt/
    lim@jailtcsh:~/usr/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2017Q3/mail/mutt% bmake install
    clean clean-depends
    bmake: Command not found.
    lim@jailtcsh:~/usr/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2017Q3/mail/mutt% which bmake
    bmake: Command not found.
    lim@jailtcsh:~/usr/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2017Q3/mail/mutt% make install
    clean clean-depends
    Makefile:12: *** missing separator.  Stop.
    lim@jailtcsh:~/usr/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2017Q3/mail/mutt%

    Thanks,

    --
    Gua Chung Lim

    If you desire knowledges, learn one thing everyday.
    If you desire wisdom, leave one thing everyday.
    -- Lao Tzu

The auto-pkgsrc-setup script generates startup scripts and a module to set the environment, and provides instructions for using them.  They appear before the "To install a package" section copied by Gua above.

Regards,

    JB

--
Earth is a beta site.