Re: Install pkgsrc in jailshell linux (RHEL)

On 12/09/17 11:31, Gua Chung Lim wrote:
Nearly always, says 90% I'm on NetBSD. pkgsrc certainly works fine on NetBSD.
But recently I have a jailshell account on RHEL.
My machine running NetBSD isn't always on.
But the RHEL is always on. (RHEL is remote with static IPv4/6).
So I can always ssh from my mobile devices, anytime and anywhere.
In jailshell, I can use some commands at least gcc and make.
(But unfortunately no gdb, ktruss, ktrace and especially no openssl,
which I consider it very important for me.)
Can I use pkgsrc in jailshell on RHEL? And how?
I've have read this.
http://wiki.netbsd.org/pkgsrc/how_to_use_pkgsrc_on_linux/
But it said openssl is required prior to pkgsrc being installed.

Thanks,

Try using auto-pkgsrc-setup:

http://acadix.biz/pkgsrc.php

It's designed to work with minimal dev tools and also protect itself and the resulting pkgsrc setup from weird environments. It's developed mainly on CentOS.

If you run into any trouble, let me know.

--
Earth is a beta site.