Re: Problem building on LinuxMint (Ubuntu)

On 04/05/2017 13:01, Robert Nestor wrote:
> I’ve quickly run into a problem trying to build and install packages on LinuxMint 18.1 using pkgsrc.  This is what I’ve done:
>
> 1) Used apt-get to install the base packages: cvs libncurses5-dev gcc g++ zlib1g-dev zlib1g libssl-dev libudev-dev
> 	BTW, need to add bmake to this list as well and I installed it too

It doesn't, really (check your build log, you'll see a copy of bmake
being built & that's what should be used)

> 2) Added “export SH=/bin/bash” to my login

ok.

> 6) Tried building a package:  “cd /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_chk ; bmake install”
> 	Linux make doesn’t work and the on-line instructions for pkgsrc use on Linux aren’t clear about this, but bmake seems to be required.

If you remove the copy of bmake you installed yourself, does running
/usr/pkg/bin/bmake make any difference?

What if you blow away /usr/pkg & bootstrap again (without your own bmake
preinstalled)?

Sevan