Re: proposed package removal: mail/dovecot (1.2.17)

On Apr 5,  8:37pm, Greg Troxel wrote:
}
} My impression is that pretty much everyone using dovecot runs
} mail/dovecot2 which is now at 2.2.28, and that this has been true for a
} very long time.
}
} mail/dovecot is at 1.2.17, and was updated to that version on
} 2011-05-13.  About a month later the sieve version was updated.  The
} only real change since then was a CVE remediation patch on 2015-01-23.
} Plus revbumps, SMF fixes, and other minor maintenance that does indicate
} that upstream is paying attention or that there are real users.
}
} Is anyone using it?  Could you explain why?  Would anybody object to

     I use it.  A big reason is becaus of its simplicity.  dovecot2
is a beast with a huge amount of functionality, none of which I
need.  It also has a completely different way of being configured,
which means that there would be significant effort in changing.

} removing the package?  Please feel free to object/explain in private

     It would be rather annoying.

}-- End of excerpt from Greg Troxel