Re: Firefox stability?

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017, John D. Baker wrote:

>   "You mean that thing that breaks printing completely?"

On my nominal workstation, where I had installed firefox-48.0.2, it would
hang on the print function.  "cups" was installed, but for some reason
didn't have any dependents registered.

I performed a recursive removal of "cups" and the still-running firefox
didn't hang when the print function was next engaged.

So, firefox doesn't depend on cups and can cope without it, but will try
to use it if it finds it?