Swtich default PHP to 5.5 (was Re: Swtich default PHP to 5.6)

Hi,

I've change subject to "Swtich default PHP to 5.5".  :)

In message <rmiwpwk1wsp.fsf%fnord.ir.bbn.com@localhost>
	on Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:22:14 -0400,
	Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 01:00:31AM +0900, Takahiro Kambe wrote:
>>> What's differ switching to 55 and 56?
>>
>> More applications works with 5.5 and with 5.6
>
> To me, this is the big question.  If 5.5 is not yet EOL, and there are
> significant things that work with 5.5 and not with 5.6 (and not a lot
> that fails with 5.5 and needs 5.6), then it seems too soon to switch.
While checking (and updating some of them) php packages, I found that
55 is safer for now.

> For packages that have optional php bits, especially those that have
> optional bits for various languages, using a phpXY- prefix seems too
> much.  But for packages which are fundementally php (can't work without
> it), then it seems those should have prefixes, which will get us
> multiple binary packages.
Sure.

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca%NetBSD.org@localhost>