Re: Swtich default PHP to 5.6.

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 01:00:31AM +0900, Takahiro Kambe wrote:
>> What's differ switching to 55 and 56?
>
> More applications works with 5.5 and with 5.6

To me, this is the big question.  If 5.5 is not yet EOL, and there are
significant things that work with 5.5 and not with 5.6 (and not a lot
that fails with 5.5 and needs 5.6), then it seems too soon to switch.

For packages that have optional php bits, especially those that have
optional bits for various languages, using a phpXY- prefix seems too
much.  But for packages which are fundementally php (can't work without
it), then it seems those should have prefixes, which will get us
multiple binary packages.