Re: Finch and X11

Michael McConville <mmcconville%mykolab.com@localhost> writes:

> Anyway, it would be nice to have a "no-X11" flag/option for pkgsrc that
> could propagate through to dependencies. That's a common and
> clearly-defined limitation that many systems have. I don't know if that
> feature already exists, though, and I don't understand pkgsrc well
> enough to add it.

PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=		-x11

That will surely not entirely work, but it should help a lot.

However, that's a build option, and it doesn't help with people using
binaries from official bulk builds.

If you can figure out why dbus has X11 libs and what the consequences of
turning it off are, I think we'd be happy to entertain disabling the
option by default.