Re: Moving pkgsrc-wip away from SourceForge

On 14 July 2015 at 22:15, John Nemeth <jnemeth%cue.bc.ca@localhost> wrote:
> } If the two projects are truly independent then why put them in the
> } same repository? (the obvious response is convenience)
>
>      Are you trying to suggest that every package should be in a
> seperate repository?

and:

> Why can't they be two independent aspects of the same project?  The
> project is pkgsrc but it is certainly valid to say that PostgreSQL and
> MySQL can be worked on independently by different people at the same
> time.

That makes two .ca posters missing the rhetoric in my question; is
that enemy action? :-)

More seriously:

- should the repo be moved? sourceforge isn't looking good

- is it time to change the technology; and if so, do-it-right and
question everything including repo layout; and provide a clear
rationale as to why it is or isn't pratical; Having worked with both
systems, it really is just a trade off.

- do we really want to buy "IBM" :-)

Andrew