Re: Moving pkgsrc-wip away from SourceForge

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 01:06:09AM +0300, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> As a consequence, there's no sensible
> reason _for_pkgsrc-wip_ to move away from SourceForge. At least no
> immediate one, and that's why I'd like to hear a particular rationale,
> the one that applies to the project rather than blindly following "everyone else."

The CVS setup there has been flaky for a long time.

There are times when you can't update or commit because someone else
is locking the repository for hours to days (supposedly).

The /tmp file system sometimes gets full, stopping all updates/commits
as well.

Both of these problems have been happening intermittently over years
but have been getting worse in the last year.
 Thomas