Re: Moving pkgsrc-wip away from SourceForge

On 07/14/15 19:24, Thomas Klausner wrote:
On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 01:06:09AM +0300, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
As a consequence, there's no sensible
reason _for_pkgsrc-wip_ to move away from SourceForge. At least no
immediate one, and that's why I'd like to hear a particular rationale,
the one that applies to the project rather than blindly following "everyone else."
The CVS setup there has been flaky for a long time.

There are times when you can't update or commit because someone else
is locking the repository for hours to days (supposedly).

The /tmp file system sometimes gets full, stopping all updates/commits
as well.

Both of these problems have been happening intermittently over years
but have been getting worse in the last year.
  Thomas
I've been hitting the CVS lock issue pretty frequently of late.

That said, when I was having connection issues with my subversion repo on sourceforge a while back, I decided to wait it out for a while and give them time to iron it out. They seem to have done so and I haven't had a glitch for several months. I think every service is going to hit some turbulence at times and it's important not to react.

Whether sourceforge is committed to fully supporting CVS is a separate question, though.

Regards,

--
  Jason W. Bacon

  If a problem can be solved,