Re: Moving pkgsrc-wip away from SourceForge

On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 04:10:27PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> So if large numbers of people are familiar with one tool, and the actual
> technical issues about tools are not that important, it is fair to
> consider that.

Alright if majority feels so...

However, I do not know whether CVS is the (or even "a") cause behind
(perceived) less quantum of contribution to wip/pkgsrc.

I do not wish to digress, but reminds of debates in various Linux mailing
lists about adoption of systemd, with one of the factors being "every
distro now uses it, so that all sysadmins will be familar with it".

So far *BSDs are not bitten by the systemd bug (at least to the extent I
know). But looks like there is a similar thought pattern (of using what
many people know) emerging.

Mayuresh.