Re: Moving pkgsrc-wip away from SourceForge

On Sat, Jul 04, 2015 at 06:38:45PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > - hg is a dead end, due to git's momentum
>
> This is the one argument I will never agree to. Based on that, pkgsrc
> wouldn't exist since $LINUX_DISTRIBUTION has much more momentum.

And NetBSD needn't exist by the same argument either...

NetBSD community is (or was?) known to make decisions based on Engineering
merits / demerits of an approach and not by what is the talk of the town.

It is sad to hear "Let's use X because that's popular" kind of voice on
NetBSD lists.

I am not suggesting stick to CVS. But if we want to switch to git, we
should have Engineering reasons, not popularity metrics.

As such CVS is not difficult to learn anyway. I am a small time
contributor to wip. Never faced any problems with CVS. So, not sure, why
fix what ain't broke.

Mayuresh.