Re: Problem with print/cups (2.0.2, not 1.5nb12) (fwd)

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015, Greg Troxel wrote:

Have you disabled ulpt in the kernel, and are you using libusb (default
I think).   By default, NetBSD has a driver for printers that's write
only and good for basic printers, but I think hplip really needs to talk
bidirectionally and more complicated.

I have removed ulpt from the kernel, but in this case it shouldn't matter much. The printer is not directly attached to the computer, it is reached via (WiFi) network. I'm oretty sure that bi-directional communications is working fine, since Cups (or something) is able to figure out and display the printer type. :)

Are you able to print ok with cups15, and it's just cups-2 that doesn't
work?

Cups-1.5 used to work just fine. I wanted (want desparately) to update so I can get rid of the many annoying /etc/security nags about all the security vulnerabilities! :)

turn up debugging in the cups config file and look at /var/log/cups/*.

/var/log/cups/access_log doesn't have much in it, and page_log is totally empty. The error log generates the following text _after_ I manually Cancel Printing a hung job:

E [19/Jun/2015:09:55:03 +0800] [Job 32] The printer is not responding.

How do I change the debug level?

| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org  |