Re: php 54, ap-php, TS, NTS problems

On Fri, 1 May 2015, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 07:36:13AM +0200, Filip Hajny wrote:
1. 5. 2015 v 2:22, Michael Parson <mparson%bl.org@localhost>:

Does anyone know the magic to put in mk.conf to get things lined up
so I can have a funcitonal PHP setup again?  I don't particularly
care which flavor of MPM gets used, or if things are compiled
threadsafe or not.  I just want to get my mail/roundcube going
again.

If you don’t care about the MPM, then reconfigure your Apache (via
httpd.conf) to use the prefork MPM instead. This used to be default
for years, before Apache changed to default to event MPM, and pkgsrc
(a considerable time later) sync’ed up.

It seems that lang/php54 builds threadsafe if you ask it to
(PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=maintainer-zts).

Or, change your mk.conf to set the maintainer-zts option and have
mod_php built threadsafe by default.

It's still broken for pkgsrc-2015Q1, isn't it?

Yes, it was, which is why I started this thread, after missing the exact
same discussion earlier this week.

:-/

Sorry about that.

I have it working now.

In my /etc/mk.conf:

PKG_OPTIONS.php54+=maintainer-zts
PKG_OPTIONS.ap24-php54+=maintainer-zts

Order of operations:

I build it all from src out of pkgsrc, so:

make install in $PKGSRC/www/apache24
make install in $PKGSRC/lang/php54
make install in $PKGSRC/www/ap-php
make install in $PKGSRC/mail/roundcube

And post-install of apache24, I changed httpd.conf:

# commented out this line:
#LoadModule mpm_event_module lib/httpd/mod_mpm_event.so # added this line:
LoadModule mpm_prefork_module lib/httpd/mod_mpm_prefork.so

Then, to get the list of modules into php.ini:

for i in $(pkg_info | awk '/^php/ {print $1}') ; do pkg_info -D $i | grep extension= ; done

Which generates a list of the installed PHP modules and the lines needed
for php.ini.

Then I can start apache (I already had it enabled in rc.conf and the
approprate lines in httpd.conf to enable roundcube).

--
Michael Parson
Austin, TX