php 54, ap-php, TS, NTS problems

So, I hit the problem discussed in this message when trying to upgrade
to things in pkgsrc-2015Q1:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2014/06/04/msg019805.html

The basic problem:

Apache builds threadsafe

It seems that lang/php54 builds threadsafe if you ask it to (PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=maintainer-zts).

The modules that get built under ap-php seem to come up non-thread-safe:

(one of many errors in the log file)

[30-Apr-2015 19:51:19 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: sockets: Unable to
initialize module
Module compiled with build ID=API20121212,NTS
PHP    compiled with build ID=API20121212,TS
These options need to match

Does anyone know the magic to put in mk.conf to get things lined up so I
can have a funcitonal PHP setup again?  I don't particularly care which
flavor of MPM gets used, or if things are compiled threadsafe or not.  I
just want to get my mail/roundcube going again.

I'm running NetBSD 6.1.4 (XEN3_DOMU) with pkgsrc-2015Q1.

--
Michael Parson
Austin, TX